Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving

I have loved reading all the gratitude blogs, videos, and emails this past week. I too have been feeling so grateful this year and wanted to share just a few of the reasons I have to be thankful...

*my husband
*my children
*our new home
*friendly neighbors
*amazing ward family
*my neurostimulator, being able to walk and live without pain
*the scriptures
*a warm bed
*food to eat
*Aaron's job
*living in the United States of America
*a living prophet
*Jesus Christ
*the ability to read and write
*my mom and dad
*repentance, second chances
*and Matthew

I could go on and on and on... (really I could) but I found a video of what I've been particularly grateful for lately. It's about the founding of our Country and the sacrifices made to win our freedom. Cameron and I have been reading the Book of Mormon together. We're only half way through, but we've noticed whenever the people turn away from God they always end up in bondage or destroyed. Always. Our freedom really is so fragile. May we live worthy so that God can bless America forever...

1 comment:

  1. In both my study of the Book of Mormon and of ancient civilizations like Greece and Rome I have realized just how fragile freedom is. Pride and loss of morals and ethics always lead to loss of freedoms and sometimes even destruction. Joseph Smith said that although the Constitution would hang by a string it would be the strength of the members of the church that would stop it from failing completely. Thank you for being part of that strength. Keep up the good fight!!!

    ReplyDelete